Announcing our level 8 bloggers!!!!
Yohana Montilla http://yohanamontilla.blogspot.com/
Maria Elena Oviedo http://mariaovri.blogspot.com/
Hector Campos http://hectorjosecampos.blogspot.com/
Andrea Briceño http://andreabricenonieto.blogspot.com/
Javier Ramirez http://javierramirez2008.blogspot.com/
Alba Soto http://albaluciasoto.blogspot.com/
Paola Hernandez http://paohernandez.blogspot.com/
Nathalie Chacon http://velvetsky25.blogspot.com/
Jessika Rangel www.jessikar.blogspot.com
Soleil Machado www.soleilmachado.blogspot.com
Friday, February 29, 2008
Announcing our level 8 bloggers!!!!
Friday, February 22, 2008
On this unit we are going to learn how to develop paragraph unity.
- Theme: network Etiquette
: CNNdotCOM Tools: Mind your netiquette Reading
- How to write an effective e-mail message
- Style: Developing Paragraph Unity
- Editing: Using commas or colons
Saturday, February 9, 2008
How to write an opening Paragraph. Watch the following flash movie at Brain POP. After you finish watching the video take the quiz and check how you did.
These are the stages to write a nice Paragraph!
Choose a topic you are familiar with.
Collect ideas and make some notes.
Develop notes into full sentences and write a rough draft.
Take your draft and move sentences around.
Change words to make the writing more interesting.
Read your draft out loud and get feedback from friends and family.
Check your spelling and grammar. Use a check speller or show it to someone else.
Post your paragraph to your blog. Print it and show it to your teacher
These are some guidelines to help you write a good paragraph... remember this when writing your post in your blog.
Friday, February 8, 2008
- Theme: Education
: The Education of Frank McCourt Reading
Reading for details
Reacting to the reading
- Style: the Three-Part Paragraph and Transition words and phrases:
Paragraph: Topic sentence, Supporting sentences and Concluding sentence
Topic Sentences exercises: Exercise 3, Exercise 4, Exercise 5, Exercise 6 & Exercise 7
- Revising: Flow of information in paragraphs
- Blog and wiki posting
- Writing exercises
Updating and participating at International Collaboration Ning Community
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
On this unit we are going to learn how to write a paragraph.
- Theme: Media
: Peeping Tom Journalism Reading
- Style: Paragraphs and topic Sentences
- Editing: formatting a paragraph – using capitalization
- Puntuation - Capitalization exercises: Exercises 4 & 5
Friday, January 25, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
These was the first writing class that used blogs. That was on April 2007.
Here, there are some tips to get you writing your entries in your blog: It will all depend on what you are writing about. These are some examples of the language you can use.In class will be reading and discussing about different topics . You can use those ideas you had when reading to write an entry in your blog and practice or expand your writing.
ENTRIES BASED ON READINGS:
- This text reminds me of something else I've read/am reading...
- This text resonates with something I heard on the news/in another class/from my roommate...
- This text strikes me personally because...
- Offer a critique: "When I came across this line, I really didn't agree. This is why..."
ENTRIES BASED ON CLASS DISCUSSION:
- Today in class we were talking about...and it made me think...
- Something that surprised me today in our discussion was...
- After class, I was still unsure about...
ENTRIES BASED ON ASSIGNMENTS:
- Our assignment asked the following question...here are some of my initial thoughts...
- I'm thinking about writing about two things...
- For my draft, I wrote about...but now I'm thinking...
A CREATIVE APPROACH:
- Imagine you are a reviewer (for a magazine, newspaper, maybe even The Michigan Daily)
- Describe your experience writing the most recent assignment (for this class or another)
- Compose a poem or other bit of creative writing that responds to something we've discussed in class
- Relate your experiences surfing related blogs: on writing, revising, technology and the mind, literature, blogger theory, blogs and politics, etc.
These tips were proposed by: lauraaw You can find more interesting tips at her blog English 125.046: Technologies of Writing