Friday, January 18, 2008

Welcome!

Here, there are some tips to get you writing your entries in your blog: It will all depend on what you are writing about. These are some examples of the language you can use.

In class will be reading and discussing about different topics . You can use those ideas you had when reading to write an entry in your blog and practice or expand your writing.

ENTRIES BASED ON READINGS:

- This text reminds me of something else I've read/am reading...
- This text resonates with something I heard on the news/in another class/from my roommate...
- This text strikes me personally because...
- Offer a critique: "When I came across this line, I really didn't agree. This is why..."

ENTRIES BASED ON CLASS DISCUSSION:
- Today in class we were talking about...and it made me think...
- Something that surprised me today in our discussion was...
- After class, I was still unsure about...

ENTRIES BASED ON ASSIGNMENTS:
- Our assignment asked the following question...here are some of my initial thoughts...
- I'm thinking about writing about two things...
- For my draft, I wrote about...but now I'm thinking...

A CREATIVE APPROACH:

- Imagine you are a reviewer (for a magazine, newspaper, maybe even The Michigan Daily)
- Describe your experience writing the most recent assignment (for this class or another)
- Compose a poem or other bit of creative writing that responds to something we've discussed in class
- Relate your experiences surfing related blogs: on writing, revising, technology and the mind, literature, blogger theory, blogs and politics, etc.

These tips were proposed by: lauraaw You can find more interesting tips at her blog English 125.046: Technologies of Writing

1 comment:

Edward Garcia said...

hola profe como esta espero que muy bien